As you both asked me a very similar question about my favourite books, I’m going to write a separate blog post about that, but in the meantime, here’s the answers to all the other questions you asked:
What is your favorite food? Toast with loads of butter! In fact I’m going to have some right now.
What do you think can make this world a better place? Ooh, so many things. Breaking up the media empire of certain press barons who tell the rest of us what to think would be a good place to start.
2. Describe yourself in three words. Chaotic, affectionate, socialist
3. Cat person or a dog person? Dog, definitely.
4. Who is your role model? My mum. Isn’t that true for everyone?
5. What is the ultimate goal of your life? To make my living from writing, one way or another
6. Apple or Android..? They both get on my nerves
7. Favourite celebrity? Patrick Stewart. I’m a huge Star Trek fan and he’s from Mirfield, near where I used to live.
8. Favourite movie? Star Trek: First Contact (told you, Trekkie)
9. If you could meet someone from the past, who would it be? Why? the Bronte sisters. They would have been great writer friends to share ideas with.
10. Favourite quote/proverb? “I want to know if it’s you I don’t trust, ‘cos I damn sure don’t trust myself” – Bruce Springsteen, Brilliant Disguise – a lyric that sends a shiver down my spine.
And now, to pass on the joy of award giving, I’d like to nominate Cathie Armstrong (charmstrongbooks.com/)for a Liebster award, as a blogger and writer I really admire, and ask her just one question:
What do you think is the most important attribute of a successful writer?
And finally, because I know I’m probably not v good at the whole gracefully accepting thing, I’m just going to share this clip of Phoebe in Friends showing us all how to really accept awards. Enjoy!