It’s the first Saturday of 2019, so it’s time to get back into the #SixWordStoryChallenge with a brand new logo designed by Wonderwall featuring a freshly sharpened pencil to jot down your miniature story ideas. Happy New Year everyone! If you’ve just dropped by for the first time, welcome. And if you’re an old hand at Six-Word Storytelling, welcome back.
So without further ado, your prompt for this week is (wouldn’t you just know it): RESOLUTION
And my six-word story is:
Veganuary’s easy. Letting you go? Impossible.
Want to play along? Ok, here’s how it works:
Each Saturday at 9am (GMT) either this blog or my cohost Sara at Wonderwall360 will post a prompt for you to use to create a six word story. The prompt will usually be one word and it is not necessary for you to use this word in your story, it’s merely intended as inspiration.
The rules of the challenge are simple
- Write a story in six words or less inspired by the prompt. It doesn’t have to include the prompt word unless you want it to.
- Write your story in the comment section below this week’s prompt to be entered. A link to a blog post is not an entry.
- A blog post and a pingback is not a requirement of the challenge, just your story in the comments, but feel free to add your own blog post if you wish. Remember to use the tag #SixWordStoryChallenge if you do and provide a link to your post.
- The challenge will close to entries at 9pm the following Thursday evening (GMT). A poll will be posted on the host blog at 10pm (GMT) containing all stories submitted to the challenge. Voting will remain open in this poll for 24hrs and will close at 9pm on Friday evening (GMT). At 10pm Friday evening, we will publish a post announcing the winners of that week’s challenge.
- The winner will be the story with the most votes at the end of the challenge. Votes will only count if cast in the collated poll published on a Thursday evening.
- We’ll publish a link to the first, second and third place entrants’ blogs, and the winners will also have the honour of downloading and using one of our award badges on their blogs should they wish to do so.
- In the event of a tie for first, second or third places, the challenge host (Wonderwall or myself) will choose a single story based on our own judgement of who best interpreted the prompt within the six word limit.
- Only one entry per person please. Multiple entries will be deleted leaving the first submission only.
It’s up to you whether you create a blog post to highlight your entry, it’s not a requirement of the challenge but it brings extra visitors to your blog, and hopefully, you’ll inspire other bloggers to join in with the voting and maybe they’ll enter a story too. Remember to use the hashtag #SixWordStoryChallenge if you post on Twitter and the WordPress tag Six Word Story Challenge.